Friday, July 8, 2016

LMM's Preferred Adult Nursing Position and Mr. S' Latch

It's Feel Good Friday, and because nursing is a perfect way to start any weekend, I thought it would be fun to share my answers to a reader's two-part question regarding my personal nursing position preference and Mr. S' latch.

Before I do, though, there's something I need to explain. I just discovered that my website elected (without my permission) to behave very badly by filtering several readers' messages, and withhold them from me. I'm not certain where they've been, but, fortunately, they have returned from their little jaunt around cyberspace.  I feel very bad about this because so many people took time out of their busy schedules to write, and I haven't responded. So, on behalf of my site, I apologize for the delay in replying.

With that being said, let's move on to the good stuff! :)

Mr. S and I normally nurse in bed, no matter the time of day, because our room is a peacefully private sanctuary where we are free to indulge in intimate alone time. It's very important that you nurse in a tranquil and comfortable environment to enjoy the full experience. When we are alone, snuggled closely together in our cozy bed, without noise or distractions, he and I feel very much in tune with the other's needs and desires, and are able to completely feel our connection. He loves to listen to my heart beat while he is at the breast, and I love to listen to the relaxed rhythm of his breathing as he suckles. Nursing is an experience that involves all the senses, allowing you to see, touch, taste, smell, and hear your partner, which is why the relationship is so stimulating and emotionally overwhelming.

We nurse in a face-to-face reclining side-by-side position, which is what we find most comfortable. This position works well for us for many reasons. Because I am well-endowed and now fully lactating, which has provided a firm fullness and natural up-lift, my breasts don't require the support that they once did while nursing. This position is also wonderful because Mr. S has a tendency to fall asleep at the breast after night-time suckling sessions, so he is already in "sleep position", and I can detach him very easily. In this position, I can stroke his face or the back of his head, which we both love.

Because there is a significant (one full foot, as a matter of fact) height difference between us, I normally move up in the bed, and use my comfy reclining bed pillow to elevate my left shoulder slightly; he shifts slightly downward, and with the assistance of his now-infamous little red velvet nursing pillow, his head is well supported and my breasts can fall naturally forward and into his mouth as I pull him against me.

We have tried other nursing positions, but this is the one that work beautifully for us.

Mr. S is a fantastic nursing partner. Over the past 14 years, he has truly mastered the art of suckling. I can tell that he is properly latched by the seal of his lips againt my breast. His mouth creates a very pleasant suction against my areola, which draws my breast forward, allowing it to move freely, as he uses his tongue to hold my nipple in proper place against the roof of his mouth while his lips massage and stimulate the areola. Proper suckling feels very, very nice.

At the end of this post, you'll find a link leading to an article that discusses latching and sealing in more detail.

Thank you so much for your questions!

Have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!

READ THE ART OF SUCKLING HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment